The Sarah's Inn Youth Voice Award is your opportunity to share your thoughts and ideas around relationship violence. Whether you want to write it, record it, dance it, sing it, draw it, it's up to you. We want to hear your voice as we work to end the cycle of relationship violence.
THEMES: (pick one)
- How do gender roles (or toxic masculinity) affect dating violence?
- What effect does domestic violence have on your community?
- What would help end relationship violence within your generation?
- How does the conversation about teen dating violence need to change?
- What impact does it have on teens to see professional athletes, celebrities, and politicians involved in high profile instances of relationship violence with their partner?
- How does media support/promote the ideals of gender roles and toxic masculinity?
MEDIUMS: (including but not limited to)
- Writing (1,500 word maximum)
- Spoken Word
Two $2,000 award winners in high school (age 14-18) will be selected according to the following criteria:
- Follows the themes
- Demonstrates creativity and expressiveness
- Provocation of thought
- Inspires and compels the audience to take action
- Clearly communicates ideas
Submissions are due on or before March 6, 2022.
Entries will be evaluated by a panel of judges and winners will be notified mid-April 2022.
Award winners must be in high school, be between age 14-18, and be residents of the state of Illinois.
Have questions? Check out our FAQ
Already finished the project? Submit your work here
Want to learn more about the signs and types of abuse? https://www.loveisrespect.org/resources/types-of-abuse
Para más información en Español: