Prompt & Themes
Use your voice and join Sarah's Inn to break the cycle of relationship violence. To participate in the 2024 Youth Voice Award, select one of the questions listed below and finish the sentence, "Together, We Can..."
- Based on your experience and observations, how would you work to break the cycle of relationship violence in your community?
- How does the way that media supports/promotes the ideals of gender roles and toxic masculinity impact you?
- How does the way we address relationship violence need to change?
- What impact does it have on you to see professional athletes, celebrities, and politicians involved in high profile instances of relationship violence with their partner?
Submission & Awards
Projects must respond to one of the themes listed above. You are encouraged to use concrete examples, personal reflections, and specific proposals in your piece. Submissions will be accepted in any of the following forms:
- Spoken Word
All entries must include a 2-3 sentence statement explaining your piece and how it connects to the theme.
Two projects will be selected to win a $2,000 award according to the following criteria:
- Follows the themes
- Demonstrates creativity and expressiveness
- Provocation of thought
- Inspires and compels the audience to take action
- Clearly communicates ideas
Submissions are due on or before February 29, 2024
Entries will be evaluated by a panel of judges and winners will be notified mid-April 2024.
Award winners must be enrolled in high school, be between age 14-19, and be residents of the state of Illinois.
Already finished the project?
Download the Youth Voice Award 2024 flyer.
Questions? Please visit our FAQ for more information.
Sarah’s Inn is a comprehensive domestic violence agency that serves Chicago and the western suburbs. The mission of Sarah's Inn is to improve the lives of those affected by domestic violence and to break the cycle of violence for future generations. To learn more, please visit www.sarahsinn.org